Following the announcement from the First Minister, here is some information from the Church of Scotland Covid 19 Group.
- Previous advice about extended households (Christmas) being able to attend Christmas Eve services together will now not be able to happen.
- In all areas of Scotland until Midnight on Christmas Day maximum church attendance will continue to be 50 (or whatever your church can seat physically distanced up to that), however care should be taken at setting numbers given the severity of the announcement.
- From 00:00 on Boxing Day all areas of mainland Scotland will be in level 4 and islands in level 3 for a period of at least 3 weeks. This means that in all areas of Scotland it will be illegal to travel outwith your local authority area with the exception of limited exemptions (such as funerals, weddings, work etc). No worshipper can attend their regular church for worship in another local authority during this period.
- From Boxing Day, in level 4 areas maximum attendance will be 20 at all church services.
- NO Outdoor events can take place across Scotland from Boxing Day and if your church had any planned before Christmas think carefully about whether or not they proceed.
- In level 4 areas most groups using church halls will be unable to meet, again with limited exceptions. Unregulated children’s activities cannot meet but where activities are deemed ‘youthwork’ (by definition, not ‘because it is’) then there are reduced numbers for groups with the expectation that most work should be online.
- Pastoral Care in homes should only take place for the most serious of situations with the expectation that all pastoral care should move online or be telephone based.
- Church Offices should remain CLOSED throughout this period.